Wild rice is one of Minnesota’s jewels, all the more treasured for the need for delicate harvesting.
- 6 T. butter
- 1 T. mincedonion
- 1/2 c. flour
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. cooked wild rice*
- 2 c. diced chicken, cooked
- 1/2 finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. half and half
*4 c. water to 1 c. rice; boil and simmer 1/2-1 hour.
- In large pot, brown onion in butter. Thicken by adding flour and stirring constantly on low heat.
- Add broth, rice, chicken, carrots, and salt.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 cup half and half and serve.